Two Authors... One Site... All Things Fantasy

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A little Sumpin Sumpin and an Assassin



Lagunitas- A little Sumpin Sumpin Ale

Petaluma Ca
Lagunitas is a fun little brewery just down the road from me in Petaluma. They make a bunch of great beer but until today I had never had A Little Sumpin Sumpin Ale.

Here are my fantasy character inspired notes:

Blond appearance with a nice thick head that had a fair amount of lacing; reminded me of how Stansa clung to Joffery in A Game of Thrones . The nose had a heavy dose of hops and some good funk mixed with citrus, similar to Burrich from Assassin’s Apprentice. Viscosity and body were both medium; neither overwhelmed me, nor did they let me down. The finish came on strong like Regius after Wizards of the Cost launched 3rd edition. All in all I would call it a magnificent brew!

So what to pair with this finely crafted Ale? I had just finished a fun book on vacation but I feel it will fold under the pressure of this hoppy delight. However, since I mentioned Burrich I will go with the Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb. Published in 1995, this book tells the tale of a royal bastard, bonded to a wolf. No, I’m not talking about John Snow, although sometimes I wonder if Fitz Chivary did not plant the seed for Snow. Fitz weaves through an impressive array of court intrigue, love, and a healthy dose of assassinations while trying to find his place in life.  Hobb does a beautiful job of character development and weaves a very satisfying tale. If you haven’t read this book crack a pint and have a look.
Buy the book here: Assassin's Apprentice
Check out Lagunitas web page: Lagunitas

No comments:

Post a Comment