Two Authors... One Site... All Things Fantasy

Monday, August 6, 2012

Leffe Blond

Leffe Blond


Nothing better than sitting down with a good book and a freshly poured pint of the good stuff. I've been meaning to incorporate the public house aspect of the fantasy public house but frankly I have been drinking too much to remember.

So for our first Beer review on Fantasy Public House I'm rolling out the Leffe Blond. Why Leffe? Well truth be told it is what I had in the fridge, but don't let that stop you from grabbing a pack of this beer. It is really good.

Its a Belgian Blond Ale produced by Abby de Laffe S.A
So far as Belgian beers goes it is a bit commercial and a bit clean, but the flavors pop very nice. It has a beautiful honey gold pour with plenty of carbonation. It smells rich with yeast and has a hint of banana and ripe fruit.

The mouth is viscous with a caramelized malty sweetness and secondary flavors consisting of banana and clove spices. The thick heavy feel surprised me considering how clean it looked. I was very impressed with this beer.

It is by no means the best Belgian Ale I have ever had but it is a very well made beer that will go with many dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment